Travis Fischer

11/29/2016 - 5:21pm
     Hampton shoppers enjoyed Black Friday late last week by touring the city for a night of wine tasting during the seventh annual Friday Uncorked.      Sponsored by the Greater Franklin County Area Chamber of Commerce, the sellout event sent 250 shoppers out on the town with wineglass in hand as they hopped from shop to shop. Sixteen area businesses...
11/29/2016 - 4:56pm
It has begun      President-Elect Donald Trump is a busy guy.      Too busy for things like taking the stand in a court trial for defrauding students of Trump University. Instead, the man that bragged about not settling lawsuits, settled, paying out $25 million to make the problem go away. That makes sense. Such...
11/22/2016 - 3:13pm
Never Too Late      2016 is definitely the year of unexpected things. The Cubs won the world series, that… other thing happened (we'll get back to that next week), but most exciting for me is the news that "Young Justice" will be getting a third season.      "Young Justice,"...
11/15/2016 - 6:19pm
     It's been over seven months since the rollout of Iowa's privatized Medicaid program. Governor Terry Branstad set the program in motion last year, signing over the state's administration of Medicaid services to three Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) with the expectation that privatized service would cost less than...
11/15/2016 - 6:10pm
By unpopular demand      Donald Trump will be the 45th President of the United States of America.      The man who couldn't be trusted with his own Twitter account will be given the codes to launch nuclear weapons.      I'm still in the midst of processing this. There's a...
11/08/2016 - 4:58pm
Voices heard      It's over.      For better or worse, this terrible election is over.      Or at least it will be by the time you read this. Right now, as I type this, there is an approximately 75 percent chance I will be breathing a sigh of relief and a 25 percent chance I will be...
Syndicate content